February 7, 2012

Eggies To Go

Run ons & all by: Anonymous at 11:13 PM
I have been making "Eggies To Go" since the kids were babies and I was a working momma trying to get us all out the door at 6:30 in the morning.

There really isn't anything new about this recipe, if you typed muffin tin + egg into google you'd probably get 5,000 just like this.  But it is always fun to have a reminder.  And hopefully I have a few tricks up my sleeve...



Before our Gluten Free Days, my husband would wake up on Saturdays and make a HUGE breakfast for us all.  Scrambled Eggs, Pancakes, Tator Tots, Bacon, Biscuits, Toast, you name it...he made it.  He loves breakfast food.

So you can imagine, we always had lots of leftovers!

I would pull out my mini muffin tins and go to town!!  I made them all different and ALWAYS lined the tin with paper cups.  Easy clean up and Easy transport!!

So here are my Eggies To Go variations and pointers.

If you are using left over scrambled eggs---add cooked eggs in a bowl with 2-3 scrambled raw eggs.  Will go further, and Keeps cooked eggs moist while cooking.

While building your cups preheat oven to 350 degrees.
MOST CUPS Taste great with the addition of fresh Spinach, Onions, Tomatoes,Pico de Gallo, or mushrooms.

Ham Cups--- Line tin with a slice of ham, fill 'bowl' with eggs and cheese.  Add Onion, Peppers, & Tomato for a Denver Omelet Cup.

McCup---Layer bottom of tin with syrup soaked pancake, then crumbled up sausage, then scrambled eggs.

Tator Cups---Break up tator tots and mix with eggs, fill tin about 1/2 full, add meat and cheese of your choice.  Very good with just the eggs and tators.

Biscuit Cup---Break up a biscuit, add bacon bits, green onions, and cheese to cup.  Drizzle with just enough raw egg to coat....YUMMM

Spinach Cup---Scrambled Eggs mixed with a little cottage cheese and spinach.  Feta and tomatoes are great in this cup!!

Once you have all of your muffin tins ready to go, pop it in the oven for about 5-10 minutes.  This all depends on if you used fresh eggs or you are making this from a leftover breakfast.

When everything is all cooked together, cheese is nice and bubbly, take out and let cool for a few minutes.  Place all of your egg cups in an air tight container in the fridge.

On Monday morning when everybody is running late and you can't find your keys, pop a few cups in the micro and breakfast is done.

Enjoy!!Photobucket



"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Love these ideas Alisha!!

    Hugs,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi!

      We always have a ziplock baggie full of Eggs to Go Cups. My husband takes them to work for breakfast, I eat one as a snack, the kids eat them anytime of the day...

      Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment :)

      Alisha

      Delete

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top