February 13, 2012

Kid Friendly- Gluten Free -Snacks {Lazy Mom Approved}

Run ons & all by: Anonymous at 12:48 AM
Since being GLUTEN FREE what we eat has changed.  Our kitchen has done a 180....Our snacking habits have too.

We are definitely eating a better quality of food and the quantity has lowered considerably.  I am not sure why that is, I guess whole foods fill you up faster and longer than all those gluten rich crackers and cookies do...

So, here is a list of what we eat from breakfast to lunch to after school snacks.  They are all quick, simple, and kid friendly.  If it is something I cook, I cook it in mass and keep extra in the freezer.  I will update this list with recipe links and pictures as I make the next batch of goodies.  Most is pretty self explanatory though...

BREAKFAST

  • Yogurt with Honey Nut Chex crumbled on top.
  • Super Fancy Fruit and Yogurt Parfait   {Picture}
  • Pamela's Muffins, I add blueberries or bananas to the batter.  Make 2 batches at once.  Kids nuke for a minute and YUMM, breakfast is done.
  • Eggies To Go Cups {Recipe coming soon}

 LUNCH

  • Cut Cheese Stick in half (width) & wrap w/ Lunch Meat. x2
  • Kabob Skewer loaded with Black Olives, Grape Tomatoes, Peperoni, and Chunks of Cheese.  Could add other pizza topping...
  • Waffle PB&J...I make a huge batch of waffles, she eats them like bread.  I've used GF Bisquick Mix and Pamela's mix, so far the Bisquick was better for waffles.
  • LEFT OVERS...I bought Avery one of those $15 Thermos way back in the day...it is the best!!!  It keeps her lunch warm for hours!!  I nuke her food in the morning fill up the thermos and tada her lunch is done!!  

SNACKS

  • Popcorn Chex Mix {My Favorite}
  • Popcorn with any topping
  • Fruit, Fruit, Fruit...LOTS of Fruit!!
  • Rice Cakes with Jelly {Avery's Favorite}
  • Bananas drizzled w/ Hershey's Syrup {Cole's Favorite}
  • Veggies, Veggies, Veggies....LOTS of Veggies!!



POPCORN CHEX MIX

Pop 1 bag of Microwave Popcorn.

In a gallon sized baggie add  the following:
1/2 cup Wal-Mart Brand Trail Mix.  Mountain or Indulgent
1/2 cup Honey Nut Chex
1/2 cup Rice Chex

Now add the popped popcorn, be sure to leave the unpopped kernels out of the mix.
Seal and shake well to mix up....

Eat and enjoy!! 





Photobucket


"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top