February 11, 2012

Potato Soup in 1 Hour!

Run ons & all by: Anonymous at 3:44 PM
If you pay any attention to my Meal Plans, you will have noticed, I have completely been astray this week...oh well, schmit happens.

In South Texas, one of our cold fronts is a nice Spring day to most.  No matter where you live, temperature dropping below 50 degrees and being wet and rainy all day, is a great excuse to cook up some bone warming, comforting soup.  

Baked Potato Soup is my most favorite soup of all.  It is so rich and creamy.  One little cup will fill you up for hours, and if cooked properly you really can taste all the flavors of a Baked Potato.

I have been playing with this recipe for years.  I do that...I am really not a go by the book cook.  As you can tell.  My measurements are in chunks and handfuls.  I use what I have on hand and make due with what the outcome is, most times it is really very good.

So I present to you Potato Soup in about an hour...


6-8 Roughly peeled and chopped baking potatoes.
Boil in  4 qts water with a generous amount of salt.

Once the largest chunks of potato are starting to get tender, pour out 1/2 of the water.  Add a large chunk of Velvetta, 1 stick of butter, 1 qt Milk, 1 box of Broth (chicken or veggie), 1 handful of Bacon Bits and Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and 1 wooden spoon full of sour cream.

Stir all of that together until the Velveeta has melted and the sour scream is completely blended into the soup.  Now add whatever seasoning you like.  I keep it simple..Salt and LOTS of Pepper.   Simmer and stir till you are ready to eat.

If your soup is not as thick as you would like you can add a pinch or two of Instant Mashed Potatoes or more Velveeta.

If your soup is too thick, add more milk and/or broth.

Serve with Cheese and Bacon Bits.

*I have added left over steamed chopped veggies many times and it is always very very good.  I chop them with my Pampered Chef hand chopper until they are tiny little pieces.   It is a great way to get more veggies in and use up leftovers :)





KitchenFun

Photobucket


"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top