February 27, 2012

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars

Run ons & all by: Anonymous at 11:29 AM
Saturday I got the urge to bake. It may have been because my son was rummaging around the kitchen looking for anything that would half way resemble a cookie. Poor kid, we haven’t had any cookies in a while…I should have waited till Sunday to start this ordeal seeing as it was already almost 9pm.


At first I think its ruined…
The recipe I am adapting says to cook for 30 minutes, but when I check it at 22, the sides are already too brown for my liking. I do the tooth pick test and the center is still gooey…I was not sure what to do. I covered it with foil and turned the oven off, figuring it was a lost cause anyway.
In every book and blog I have read, every author stresses the importance of taking whatever you are making out of the pan and letting it cool on a rack. So in my attempt to do that I lost the majority of the middle of the cookie bars. It broke apart into two clean pieces, no crumbling or anything…


Feeling Completely Dejected, I covered it in foil and went to bed…

My son, who would eat anything with a little chocolate in it, decided he was going to have the first taste test. (at 7am) My daughter, who is a bit more picky about her sweets had the second taste test. (7:05am) And then, when they woke up my husband with chocolate smeared all over their mouths, he decided to join them in the taste testing…

Their official responses were “tastes kinda like a scone”, “not pretty, but very yummy”, and “can you add more chocolate chips next time”.




IMAG0045

adapted from Bakerella


Congo Bars
2 3/4 c. GLUTEN FREE FLOUR (Bob's Red Mill)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder (already in flour mix)
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. butter, softened
2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 package milk chocolate chips
1 c. chopped pecans (optional)



I added 1 cup Chunky Peanut Butter mixed with 1/2 cup powdered sugar.  I roughly mixed it into the already prepared batter and then spread it in the pan.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine butter and sugar using a mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chips and then pecans.

Coat a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and spread batter evenly into dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Make sure you don’t over bake.

Inspired by Six Sisters' Stuff

See where I Link Up...

"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahah that's why I stick to cooking most of the time...they look delish tho!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 90% of the time I stay away from baking anything as well...Seems like for every success I have 5 flops...They all really liked them and have eaten them all up, but boy they are ugly and I was sure that they were a goner!!

      Thanks for visiting!!
      Alisha

      Delete

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top