February 1, 2012

Cole's Favorite--Mini Meat Loaves

Run ons & all by: Alisha at 8:39 AM
We eat a lot of comfort food.

Neither my husband nor myself have a very adventurous palette.  I taught myself how to cook, so I have perfected foods that you'd find in our small town cafe.

I sometimes think I need to expand my abilities, but then my children ask for their favorites, so that is what I make.  After eating my classic comfort dinners it is hard to find reason to expand into the unknown.  My dishes are really good.  My kid's say I am the best cook in the world...can't argue with that!

So tonight I offer you Mini Meatloaves.  One of my son's favorite meals.  I was not thinking I would write a post about this recipe until I was almost done, so I don't have pictures along the way...sorry
 
Here is my meat loaf recipe.
1lb each of ground beef and turkey
1/2 small onion
1 celery stalk
10-12 baby carrots
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 cup rice chex
1 can tomato paste

Preheat oven to 350.
In food processor pulverize the rice chex, adding  whatever seasonings you prefer.  (we use Montreal steak, Parmesan, garlic salt & pepper)

Dump that out into a large dish for baking.  Throw the onion, carrots, and celery, into the food processor,  chop till little tiny pieces.  Not mush, but about the size of peanuts.

Dump that into the dish with crumbs.  In a bowl mix egg and milk, them poor over veggie mixture.

Now add the meat to the dish and get your hands dirty.  (ya might wanna remove jewelry and wash hands first)

You really wanna mix it up good, specially the two types of meat. Once mixed well, form into equal sized smushed balls.  Top with a little tomato paste.  Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes check for doneness, should be no pink in the inside of the fattest loaf.   If still pink in center cook a little longer covered.  Once no longer pink---Uncover and bake for an additional 15-30 minutes depending on how 'crispy' you like your loaves to be.

*TIP*  I use the giant (throw away) foil turkey roasters to mix and cook my meatloaf in for several reasons:
  1. They are always free with coupons at my grocery store
  2. They are big enough to mix all the stuff up in 
  3. No clean up
  4. I can bend one end into a point to drain all the grease out.
I always drain the grease out 1/2 way through cooking.

Serve with cheesey mashed tators and steamed veggies.  My kids love this meal and always ask for seconds.  What are some of your children's favorite meals?  What is one of your classic diner/cafe dish?


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Alisha



"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top