January 23, 2012

Meal Plan 1/25--1/31--Gonna have a Party

Run ons & all by: Alisha at 10:49 AM

Do you remember the Friends episode where Rachael (Jennifer Aniston) was going to help with the Thanksgiving meal and make a layered fruit salad.  The magazine pages got stuck together so she ended up making 1/2 a fruit dish and 1/2 a meat dish.  She thought something was off but didn't know any better so she just kept going.

That is often how I feel.  I don't know 100% if I am doing something right or wrong, but I just keep going.  One Breakfast, One Lunch, One Dinner, and a snack a day.  This blog is helping me to keep track of the failures (chug milk) and the successes(not another baked potato).  When I have 25 different thoughts in my head and not sure where to start, I come here and write (type..lol) them all down, it is a great way for me to keep track of all my lists.  For every post that is published, there are probably 5 that are in draft form.



This blog whether read by the mass or not has been a key tool in helping me cope with this life altering change.  I want to thank those of you who have reached out and offered support.  You have NO IDEA how needed it has been.  You really are my life rafts in this crazy wild sea of change.  From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU!!

Now on with the plan...

Dinners

Monday and Tuesday

Wednesday - Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli with rice.
Cravings took over!!  Potato, Egg, and Cheese Taquito with Flour Tortillas

Thursday - Tuna Salad Wraps w/ Chips and Fruit
Avery came home from school very upset about Hamburgers.  She wanted a Cheese Hamburger!!  Thank God I had some GF Buns in the freezer!!
 
Friday - Spinach & Ricotta Fettuccine *Recipe to come

Saturday -Cole's Birthday Party!  Veggies w/Dip...Fruit Salad
Frito Pie using Pioneer Woman's Chili Recipe. For the Cake situation...I am buying sheet cake for the guests and baking some GF cupcakes for Avery.  Betty Crocker GF Mix is $6 a box, and I love my friends and family, but not that much...would rather make the batch and freeze half for later.

Sunday - Roasted Shrimp and Broccoli with rice.

Monday - Grilled Chicken, Cheesy Cauliflower, and Salad

Tuesday - Baked Potatoes and Salad

Avery's Lunches

She is really liking the Kabobs, Salads, and Baked Potatoes...  I am really liking the quickness of these choices, so we'll see what happens when she gets bored.


Snacks to Make


*Garlic Bread



Please visit Angela's Kitchen for this week's Gluten Free Menu Swap Round Up featuring Pomegranates.  I am not very familiar with this fruit besides adding POM Juice to smoothies, so really look forward to learning more from these talented ladies!


Some of my favorite menu inspiration-- 
Menu Plan Monday over on Organized Junkie.











"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

6 comments:

  1. What about making a cupcake cake with Gf Betty crocker devil's food cake mix. Yummy and chocolatey! We have had pretty good luck with them.

    Again, I LOVE following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to 3 different stores looking for GF Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake!! Finally at the 3rd I found her GF yellow cake and brownies, but still no devil's food....

    I am going to try one more store today...

    Do you mix your own flours or do you buy a mix? What type of mix do you use for pancakes? I want to make several batches of waffles to keep in the freezer for the kiddo's breakfasts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the cakes and brownies, I use the GF Betty Crocker mixes. I do not like the cookie mix, it just didn't taste right, texture wise. Try http://www.glutenfreely.com/. Under Tools, go to Product Locater. That should help you find stores in your area with the gluten free items listed on their site (for the most part).

    For pancakes and waffles, I use the GF Bisquick. I have not tried anything else. You might check in with the University of Chicago Celiac Disease center. They have A LOT of good resources and you can sign up for a care package, since you guys are new to the GF world because of your daughters diagnosis. The care package really helped me to know there are things out there I can eat that are just like the other stuff I used to love so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use one of those tools...I am finding GF Betty, just not the Devil's Food Cake :( My friend was in the city today so I asked her run into the Health Food Store that we have, SPROUTS, even they didn't have one lol!! So, she got me a Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix. We will see, I am gonna make it in the morning. I want to make 6 cupcakes and then use the rest of the batter to try to make Whoopie Pies, and maybe one batch in the waffle maker (great for ice-cream sandwiches). I have a box of GF Bisquick, I gonna make waffles in the morning for breakfast. The kids will be so happy!

      Thanks so much for telling me about the care package. I will look into that on Monday when I have more time to spend on the computer, other that at 1:15 in the morning.

      Good Night, I have a TRANSFORMERS PARTY to decorate for in the morning:)
      Alisha

      Delete
  4. I'll definitely be waiting for that Spinach Romano Fettuccine recipe - yum!
    And I've been wanting to try out the PW's chili for a while now. I think she showed it on last week's episode of her tv show.

    Stopping by from MPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever eat the Weight Watchers Smart Ones Meals? They have one that is a Spinach Cheese Noodle dish...I LOVE IT!! So of course I had to come up with a recipe that would feed the whole family :)

      PW did show the chili on her show last week, that is what inspired me. I am a southern girl and have been making chili since I was old enough to help my mom open the cans of tomatoes. So, I am not really sure who's recipe I use, but they are really all about the same. Just be careful with how much Chili Powder and Cheyenne Pepper you add...I almost melted my husband's taste buds off a time or two.

      Are you or anyone in your family Gluten Free?? Either way doesn't matter, I am just curious...
      I am pretty goofy, so I'm sure I will have some type of story to entertain everybody...lol

      Thank you so much for coming by and I hope you continue to read and comment.
      Alisha

      Delete

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top