January 17, 2012

Just a minor Panic Attack

Run ons & all by: Alisha at 1:33 PM
My *local* health food store.  I say local, but really the only thing I have local is Wal-Mart and HEB.  I live in a tiny coastal town in South Texas.  I have to drive for 50 minutes to get to this particular store.

I think this is the exact reason I am so worried, anxious, terrified, petrified, panicked, paralyzed, down right stressed when it comes to Gluten Free Baking.  Regular Baking has always been somewhat of a science experiment for me.  Technically that is what is happening.   You are following a hypothesis, mixing different elements together, predicting that the result will be a fluffy sweet morsel of yumminess, timing and reaction to temperature, humidity, and hopefully your end result is exactly what you predicted it would be.



In the past if my predictions failed I was out maybe $5 bucks and a quick trip to Wal-Mart at 1am, usually with flour in my hair and chocolate on my face (lets be honest, we all lick the spoon).

But, Now, if my pans are too dark or there is too much moisture in the air, or the sun, moon, and stars aren't perfectly aligned, I will be lefts with a very expensive big glob of goo.

I have been looking at prices for days now, and brands...and do I mix my own, or do I buy the mixes?  Do I get Pam's for Pancakes?  Bob's for cooking basics?  What about Better Batter, is it only for Gold Fish Crackers, or is it good for other things as well?  

What is more cost effective?  Do I buy 6-7 different flours that could go bad in my fridge for lack of use or 3 mixes that may or may not go bad?

I know I need to make some cookies.  That poor child wants to eat a freaking cookie...I really don't blame her...I do too!  I know that I would really like to figure out how to make pizza crust and bread.  I know that I have 2 birthdays in the next 2 weeks, my son and niece, so I have got to figure out some type of edible platform to deliver the butter creme icing to the child.

Also, right now is a 25% off sale on all Gluten Free items.  I would really like to stock up...what do I get??

Thank You all for your help.

"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top