January 16, 2012

Not another Baked Potato

Run ons & all by: Alisha at 9:30 PM
Avery's Day

Breakfast: Cereal Cup
Lunch: Beefy Taco Cheese Dip w/ Chips -- Veggie w/ Ranch
Dinner: Sliced Tater Casserole
Snack: Apple Crisps



My Day
I am addicted to Pinterest.  I love it.  If I had an unlimited unending supply of cash and time, I would do every craft on there, cook every mouth watering dish, and remodel my house a million times.

I am happy to report that today I actually cooked two of my pins.  

Cinnamon Apple Crisps

The kids LOVED them.  The husband--not so much.  I really liked the super crunchy ones, but the chewy ones were not that great.



For Dinner I got creative with what I had on hand.  I hate those last few days before you go grocery shopping.  Those days when you open the fridge and find a few drops of milk, 1 slice of lunch meat and an empty jar of Mayo.  That is where I am at in terms of feeding Avery.  I have LOTS of potatoes, cheese, bacon bits, and chicken breast.  We had chicken last night, so it was potatoes....again!  I have eaten a lot of baked potatoes lately...so, I got creative...



Inspiration

With my handy dandy mandolin, I sliced several Idaho potatoes.  To make clean-up easy, I covered the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish in foil and then smeared that in EVOO.  In a bowl I drizzled more EVOO and Montreal Streak Seasoning all over the sliced tators.  Then I placed a single layer of the slices in the bottom of the pan, I sprinkled that with cheese and bacon bits,  I repeated the layers till all of the potatoes were gone.  I covered the dish and baked for 20 minutes at 350.  Then I removed the foil and topped with more cheese, and baked uncovered for 10 more minutes.  I was going to take a picture, but we were all so hungry that I could hardly get the food on the plates.  My husband was standing at the counter picking slices of potato off the top.  My house was completely silent for at least 10 minutes....that means it was good.

While I was cleaning the kitchen, my husband said "You can definitely make that one again!"  I say 'okay thanks' with a sly smile...I am soooooo gonna make this dish often...
  • Super Cheap
  • Virtually No Clean Up
  • Very Very Good
  • GF of course

Although, next time it needs to be served with a salad or veggies.

Do you recommend any of recipes that meet my 4 Star Standard?  Please Share them with me...


"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top