January 21, 2012

Messing with Tradition

Run ons & all by: Alisha at 8:19 PM

tra·di·tion/trəˈdiSHən/

Noun:
  1. The transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.
  2. A long-established custom or belief that has been passed on in this way.
Going to the Butter Churn has been a tradition in our family for various reasons.  It is a buffet, so it has something for everyone.  My mother and sister have worked there since Avery was in diapers.  We live in a small town and honestly there aren't a lot of choices.



We go to the Butter Churn for Birthday Celebrations, Thanksgiving Dinner (my Mother & Sister are usually working), Date Night, Out of Town Visitors, as you can see...we go there often.

Avery is selling Girl Scout Cookies and the owner of the Butter Churn has allowed us to set up a table inside the restaurant on Saturday afternoons.  We are very grateful.  She made a killing!

But there is a point to this post aside from our local restaurant and cookies...  FOOD and EATING at this restaurant.

They have a huge salad bar, steamed veggies, and today they were serving enchiladas.  I knew that there would be things to eat.  I knew that she would be okay.  I have been in their kitchen, they keep it very clean.  But, still as she took a bite of mashed potatoes, my brain did very strange things.

All of the blog's words that I've read flashed before my eyes.  Cross Contamination in huge red letters was all I could focus on.  My mom was standing there talking to Avery and I instantly started asking her a million questions.  She did her best to answer me, and from what she said everything on Avery's plate was fairly safe.

I know this is a completely ignorant question, but do you all live in a plastic bubble?  I mean really....How do you have any kind of life at all?  How do you keep from being the "Crazy Celiac Mom"?

I was reading that gluten can be found on keyboards, remotes, and that people have separate toasters and sponges to wash dishes. 

My daughter is 9, she touches EVERYTHING and still on occasion sucks her thumb.  She is friends with everybody and often has company come over.  What am I suppose to do about that....Not let any child touch anything until I watch them wash their hands?

Exactly how paranoid do I get about this?  

Thank You for your help on this issue...

"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

0 Words of Wisdom:

Have any question? Feel Free To Post Below:

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top