February 17, 2012

10 Day YOU Challenge: {Day 1} 10 secrets

Run ons & all by: Anonymous at 8:30 AM
I am being a copy cat.  
Doing what the cool kids do.  
Following along like a sheep...
Which, if you knew me at all is completely against my grain.  

I don't follow memes, I am the leader of the pact not the sheep blindly following...

Why, you ask am I being a copy cat and following along....

well, because...

This is AWESOME!!

I am also smart enough to know I don't have to reinvent the wheel when there is a super awesome one right next to me...

So, a few days ago I was blog surfing {my favorite activity} and discovered Because (I think) I Can.  The name alone pulls me in, I love it!!  I am skimming along looking over craft projects(very cool), pictures of kids(too cute!), secrets, huh? What? Secrets...I stop and really read.  She explains that she has never really talked about 'Who is Because (I think) I Can', and I think..."hmm neither have I"... then I think, "well, I haven't because it's hard!"

So, I continue to read Leanne's challenge posts and they are funny and serious and I feel as though I know her.  She would be an awesome friend to have. 

So, I am posting my own YOU Challenge posts.  Like Leanne, I am gonna spread this out and not do it all in 10 days.  I don't think you all need to know that much about me that fast...lol. 

Alright...Day 1....10 Secrets....

1) I can't sing to save my life.  Really...I can't sing!!  Not only can I not hold a tune, I can't remember song lyrics..

2) Speaking of Memory...I have NONE.  I can't remember what I ate for breakfast let alone what happened two months ago.  People will say, "Don't tell anyone this is a secret" and I'm like 'ohh, its okay, I wont remember what you told me in an hour.'  It's not that I don't take stock in the event, I just honestly can't remember.  I have to look in my children's baby books to remember their time of birth stats.

3) I am a closet Twilight Junkie...Yes, I am one of those TwiMom Fans who has read the FanFic and all...

4) You know that Perky Perfect person in high school that you wanted to barf on every time you saw them?  Well, mine grew up to be a labor and delivery nurse!  Yep...My Perfect Perky Barf worthy classmate was the person who got to tend to me while I recovered from my first C-section.  I may or may not have said some ugly words to her...I can't remember.

5) I once told my children that if they didn't behave I was going to lock them in the closet. I was not serious at all but they stopping fighting.  I tried it again a few months later thinking I'd get the same results...My daughter looked at me all serious and said..."You can't do that Momma.  There aren't any locks on the closet doors."  She was 4.  That was the day I realized my children (specially daughter) was smarter than me!

6) I have NO IDEA what I want to be when I grow up.  Before my children were born, I worked in the educational field.  Then I worked in Business Management.  But I have been a Stay at Home Mom since 2007.  I have tried off and on to go back into management, but really why hire me, who has watched Disney for the last 4 years, or  some kid fresh out of college.  Looking at my resume, I would pick the college kid.  No baggage, cheap, and easy to mold.

7) There are days that I drop the kids off at school then come home and check my email and facebook,.  Then log on to Pinterest and before I even realize what has happened my phone is beeping at me to tell me it is time to pick up the kids.  I am still in my PJs.

8) When I was a teenager, I didn't have any rules or structure at all.  I am often amazed that I survived.  The term raised by wolves could apply.  I am in a constant internal debate on how I want to parent my own children.  Knowing I don't what to give them what I had, but also not wanting to overcompensate for my own lack of parental guidance.   I had to learn lessons the hard way.  I learned them and they made me a strong independent individual, I want that for my children.  But also I don't want them to learn all the hard lessons that I learned. 

9) I don't take a shower everyday...and honestly have know idea when I shaved my legs last.  {Leanne--I haven't had a baby in 8 yrs, don't feel bad about that one}

10) I own 16 pairs of yoga pants.  12 of them are black or should I say varying shades of black.  I own 22 Old Navy Tees in every color but white.  I own 8 pairs of flip flops.  1 pair of tennis shoes and 2 pairs of converse.  I own 2 pairs of jeans.

Wow! 
This was a lot harder than I thought it would be!! 
I Heart Nap Time

"Like what you see? Stay connected to receive the latest updates free!"
Like Me on Facebook Subscribe via RSS Feed Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on G+

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

Pin It
Thank You for taking the time to visit my blog, I hope to see you again. Leave me a comment and I will be sure to visit your blog as well!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I love you Alisha! Thank you for the VERY nice words you said about me, and I love all your secrets! I think we should be friends :)

    xo, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwe shucks...you've got me blushing!! YES! We should be friends, maybe you could get me to step away from the HTML Code...I messed up something this morning and have been messing with it ever since :(...

      Coming up with all those secrets was much harder than I thought it would be.

      Talk soon,
      Alisha

      Delete

Thank You very much for taking the time to leave me a comment. Hope that you have a wonderful day :)

Alisha

 

About my Recipes

We are a gluten free family. All of our main meals are Gluten Free. When posting a recipe, I do not think it is necessary for me to write out Gluten Free for each ingredient. It should be assumed.

I double check ALL labels and packaging before I purchase anything. If you are going to safely provide a GF environment for yourself or your family, double even triple checking each product must become a standard for you as well.

Also, when I am cooking a meal that I have 'created' or cook often, I do not measure. If you have any questions about exact amounts, please leave a comment and I will try my best to answer.

If I am posting a recipe that has gluten in it I will then explain that...I do still purchase a few gluten items for my son and husband's lunches and snacks. However, gluten recipes will be very very rare.

I love Visitors

Recent Visitors

© 2011. All Rights Reserved | Going G-Free | Template by Blogger Widgets

Home | About | Top